HELENA — After careful consideration, the Montana Chamber is supporting the nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court of the United States. With the confirmation of Justice Neil Gorsuch, this is the second time the state chamber has endorsed a US Supreme Court nominee.
The Montana Chamber thanks U.S. Sen. Steve Daines for his commitment to vote to confirm. The state chamber urges its members – and all Montanans – to contact Montana’s United States Sen. Jon Tester and ask him to support the confirmation of Judge Kavanaugh.
Envision 2026 , the ten-year strategic plan of the Montana Chamber of Commerce, focuses on improving the state’s legal climate. This endorsement furthers that mission. The decision came after research and consultation with the Montana Chamber Board of Directors and its subsidiary, the Montana Justice Coalition.
Judge Kavanaugh has an impressive record that the Montana Chamber believes will make him an excellent US Supreme Court Justice. Here are the specifics:
– A law degree from Yale Law School;
– An undergraduate degree from Yale College;
– Law clerk to Supreme Court Justice Anthony M. Kennedy;
– Attorney in the Office of the Solicitor General of the United States;
– Partner at the law firm of Kirkland & Ellis;
– White House Staff Secretary to President George W. Bush;
– Course instructor on Separation of Powers and Supreme Court at Harvard Law School;
– Currently serving on the United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit;
– Appointed to the Committees on the Judicial Branch and Appellate Rules of the Judicial Conference of the United States.
Judge Kavanaugh has a well-established record as a mainstream judge who upholds the rule of law and doesn’t legislate from the bench. The Montana Chamber encourages Montanans to contact Sen. Tester and ask him to confirm Judge Kavanaugh to the highest Court in the Land.
ABOUT THE MONTANA CHAMBER
Since it’s formation in 1931, the Montana Chamber of Commerce has been the state’s leading business advocate, representing members from the state’s largest businesses, to Main Street “mom-and-pop’s.”
As the leading business advocate, the Montana Chamber of Commerce envisions a business climate that is optimal for Montana business prosperity.
To create and sustain an optimal business climate, business prosperity, and a strong Montana economy, the Montana Chamber of Commerce, through advocacy, education, and collaboration works to provide an empowered and educated workforce, reduce business growth obstacles, and advance positions that promote success for Montana businesses.
For Immediate Release
July 19, 2018
Media Contact: Communications Director Alexandria Klapmeier
(C) 406-442-2405 EXT. 104 or [email protected]